Friday, March 16, 2012

Well, that was easy!

When I was trying to follow the Whole30 eating plan, I couldn't stop thinking about peanut butter cookies.  I have no idea where that obsessive thought came from but it wouldn't go away.  A little bit of internet research led me to this gluten-free peanut butter cookie dough recipe. I love a good peanut butter cookie but never make them because I find it's a bit of a pain to stir all that flour into the cookie dough (I know, first world problems...).

I've changed it a bit and my adapted version is below.  The original recipe was from the Kraft Canada website.  These are some of the better peanut butter cookies I've had and they probably only take 15 minutes to make (including the 10 minutes in the fridge). They might even be too easy to make!


Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky - your choice)
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Mix peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until well blended.  Dough should stiffen as you stir it.
3. Add chocolate chips and mix. 
4. Let dough sit for 10 minutes in the fridge so that dough becomes more solid.
5. Scope the dough out with a teaspoon and quickly roll it into small balls and place on cookie sheet.  Use parchment paper for ease of clean-up. Flatten dough with a fork.
6. Bake for approximately 14 minutes, checking the cookies at 12 minutes to see if they are lightly browned around the edges (the middle will still be soft - do not overbake!).
7. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.  
8. Store in container for up to one week.  

Enjoy!
  

2 comments:

  1. Are they any good??? Cookies without flour...I might have to ry these as PB cookies are one of my favs and as like you find it hard to make as they have to much flour!!! Thanks B Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, they are super good! I'd have to do a side by side comparison to see which ones I like better (flour vs no flour) but I thought that they were surprisingly delicious. I promise that it will only take you a few minutes to whip up a batch - once you do, let me know what you think.

    The original recipe called for them to be cooked for 20 mins but I really felt that they didn't need that long. I hate overcooking baked goods so hopefully my new cook time suggestion is correct.

    ReplyDelete