Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The first 30

A month has passed since I started my 30/90 exercise challenge and I'm pleased to say that the first month went really well.  I've done a minimum of 30 minutes of dedicated exercise, every day for the past month....with one exception.  My mom was here for two weeks to help out while our dayhome was closed.  On her last full day here, I tried to maximum the opportunity to get as many errands done as possible.  I loaded up my Matrix twice with bottles to return to the bottle depot and recycling to take to the recycling depot.  I walked around downtown, buying runners and new glasses.  I returned books to the library and met a friend for tea.  I went for dinner with friends and had two lovely glasses of wine.  But, I didn't do 30 minutes of dedicated exercise.  I allowed myself to put errands before exercise time. Loading all those bottles and the recycling were effort but it wasn't the same as making time for myself.  So, one day missed but a big lesson learned.

And if there was ever any doubt about the benefits of exercise (even just a short 30 minute walk), you should watch this video.  It was created by Dr. Mike Evans and it is an amazing illustration of the benefits of exercise.  The video is about 8 minutes long but it may change your perspective on finding time to exercise.  I know that it has changed mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment