Friday, May 25, 2012

Final report - My 30/90 challenge

Way back in February, I set out a little challenge for myself.  I was having a tough time with a few things in my life and needed a goal to keep my mind focused.  I decided that I would commit to 30 minutes of exercise, 90 days in a row.  Well, those 90 days are up and I wanted to share how I did.

Of the 90 days, I exercised for 30 minutes on 79 of  the 90 days.  I only counted dedicated exercise time and I'm pleased to say that I often got more than 30 minutes of exercise per day.  I went four weeks in a row without a slip-up, then fell off the wagon while we were on holidays in April.  I got back into my routine for the rest of April/early May, but struggled to maintain my goals through the remaining two weeks of the challenge.  I'm not perfect so I realize that my slip-ups are understandable but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that I didn't complete the challenge as outlined.  On a positive note, I did learn to appreciate the value of a quick 30 minute walk around the block after supper and I made greater efforts to get out for a walk at lunchtime.  All in all, I'm happy with the goal that I set and would like to try again in the future.

If you need any motivation to get out for 30 minutes of daily exercise, check out this video below.  I posted it previously but I strongly believe that it's worth repeating.  I know that the video is a bit long but it is worth the time that you'll invest to watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment