Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pesto Pasta Salad

I'm getting a little ahead of myself by posting this recipe as I first intended to tell you all about the batch of pesto that I made a few weeks back.  But, I used the last of the pesto up tonight in a great new pasta salad recipe and I'm super keen to share it.  I promise to post the pesto recipe soon but in the meantime, grab a jar of your favourite pesto from your local grocery store and make up a batch of this salad.  You won't be disappointed (I hope!)


Ingredients:
1 cup orzo pasta
1 diced tomato
1 - 2 tbsp pesto, jarred or homemade
2 tsp olive oil
4 diced artichoke hearts (from a jar)
1/3 cup crumbled feta
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Cook orzo according to directions on package.  Once ready, drain and pour into salad bowl.
2. Mix warm pasta with olive oil and pesto.  Toss gently to coat.
3. Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta, and salt/pepper.  Stir to mix ingredients together.
4. Serve at room temperature.

This salad went very well with some cooked chicken on the side (or mixed in - your choice). I think that you could try adding diced red onions or olives for a nice bit of tang.  Play around with a few other ingredients and let me know what combinations you come up with.  



No comments:

Post a Comment