Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Larabars


I just realized that it's been a very long time since I have posted a shopping tip. I feel bad about this because I've been holding out on you about the amazing deal that you can get when you buy Larabars at Superstore - a box of sixteen costs only $16.00! I'm not all that good at math but even I know that this works out to $1/bar.

There are recipes abound on the internet about making your own Larabars but to be very honest, they all seem like too much effort to me. Plus, given the price of dates, almonds, cashews and coconut, I don't think that you can make your own for less than a $1/bar.

The selection is sometimes limited to just a few flavours and each box of sixteen is its own flavour (rather than the mixed packs that I understand you can buy at Costco). If you haven't tried Larabars yet, they are an awesome snack when you are doing the Whole30 and according to my hubby, they don't freeze when you take them out skiing in the backcountry. And therefore, this makes them very appealing to both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment