Friday, August 10, 2012

The price of Peanut Butter

It seems that peanut butter has risen dramatically in price.  I have no idea why but it's an important staple in my family's cupboard and I certainly don't want to overpay.  You used to be able to buy the 1kg tub of peanut butter for $6.99, on sale.  Now, you will be hard pressed to find it on offer for $8.99. I'm not sure what the regular price is but peanut butter does go on sale frequently and is well worth waiting for.
   
                              
                kraft.jpg



P.S. I was listening to CBC yesterday and they had a show about peanut butter.  Turns out that there was a terrible drought last year in the peanut crop area of the US and as such, prices went up.  Rumour has it that the crop is good this year so perhaps the price will come back down?



No comments:

Post a Comment