Friday, July 19, 2013

All about steak


We are eating quite a bit of steak this summer. This makes sense considering that we ordered half a grass-fed cow last fall but unfortunately, I'm not as good at cooking steak as I'd like to be. Enter this handy tip sheet from Hoven Farms.

While we don't order our beef from Hoven, I have had it in the past and can't say enough good things about its quality. Hoven Farms has an excellent reputation with sound farming practices. I appreciate their recent social media efforts and I was thrilled when they answered my question about free-range eggs! So, thanks to Hoven Farms for the great info sheet on steak.

And in case you were wondering about the difference between grass-fed and grain-fed (or conventional) beef, check out this other handy little tip sheet:


No comments:

Post a Comment